Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Moving slowly from Palm OS to Nokia Symbian


My palm device is old and I need a substitute to my personal data managment.

I am a long time Palm user, started with a Palm III then a Palm Tungsten T and the my getting older Palm Tungsten T3.

As Palm has not keep up the competition improving their devices, I choose to try to move from palm os. I started a journey in seeking a alternative platform or device to keep my personal and professional data.

Many palm fans as myself are tired of Palm lack of inovation in new devices. I want a device that supports multitask operations, wifi, mobile web 2.0 connectivity and inovative feactures.

I have always been a very datacentric person and I use my palm for keeping my secure data, manage projects, contacts, lists, notes, gps navigation, and personal multimedia. I wanted to add comunication capabilities, so a Smartphone was the solution.

My first thought was an iPhone, but it was not an option for my company since its not a business professional device. Because personaly I was never fond of windows OS devices I choose to try Symbian OS. The device chosen was the Nokia E61i to complement the Palm lack of comunication features, but can Nokia substitute Palm or I still need other device? In this blog I will post my progress in this journey. Stay tunned

No comments: